Thank you for your interest in OpenHelix webinars. The webinars on bioinformatics and genomics resources are presented by OpenHelix scientists with experience on the tools presented. Click on the webinar title below to find out more information and to register for the webinar.
The following webinars are planned:
The UCSC Genome Browser is an indispensable tool for biology and biomedical researchers seeking genomics information. Explore the official reference human genome sequence, and learn to find genes and variations in disease and other target genes important to your research.
We will cover the topics needed to effectively use this powerful, free, publicly-accessible tool, including basic functionality of the Genome Browser searching and BLAT use. Only basic knowledge of genomics and biology concepts are required. This will be an introduction on how to use the browser so no programming skills are required. In the workshop, you'll learn:
- to perform basic text searches
- explore and understand display feature in a genomic region of interest
- customize displays to fit your needs
- use filters to highlight data you are interested in, such a displaying non-synonymous SNPs in red to stand out
- how to set up a view the way you want, and then save that as a "Session" to share with others
You can download the slides, slide handouts, and exercises at www.openhelix.com/ucscintro.
Time: 2015-06-17 13:00 EST, CDT (UTC -5:00)